INSTALL OSX WITHOUT EXTERNAL DVD DRIVE
- 1x USB Stick/External HDD with 4GB+
- 1x USB Stick/Externam HDD with 5GB+
- Max OS X Tiger/Leopard Modified DVD
- Computer with DVD Drive
- Eee PC 7"/9"/10"
- Paper Clip (details inside)
- "Don't" Download
Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].isofrom your favorite Bittorrent website and burn it to a DVD.
- Boot from the DVD on the computer with the DVD drive built in.
- Insert your 4GB USB Stick on the computer.
- When the installer loads, select "Disk Utility" from the Utilities tab.
- Format [erase] the USB Stick using Disk Utilities.
- Use the Installer to install OS X to your 4GB Usb Stick.
- After install is ready, remove the USB Stick from your computer and insert it on the Eee PC.
- (Only on 7" Eee PC's)
This is done to make your graphics card to think there is as External monitor attached. This will make the performance of OS X increase drastically.
- Boot from the USB Stick.
- Now, there is a guide by underattacker.com, which teaches how to bypass the registration process at startup. Here is how :
When the Setup Assistant appears, you have a couple of options. You will notice that the bottom of the screen is cut off. So, you can’t see the Continue and Go Back buttons that need to be clicked.
You have two choices: Remove the paperclip and plug in an external monitor. Or, use the tab key blindly to click the keyboard button.
Using the tab key is very easy actually, but you may accidentally go back a couple of times when you wanted to continue. The good news is, there are a few tricks to make this go faster. Simply fill out the forms and press the tab key once/twice to reach the hidden Continue button.
Follow the prompts until you get to “Choose my internet connection.” Select “This Mac does not connect to the internet.” Don’t worry, it’s only used for the setup assistant, it won’t affect using the Eee PC online. This will skip several settings windows.
Now, you should be at the window that asks for your name, address, and contact information. Hold the Alt key and press Q. This will bring up a prompt to exit the Setup Assistant. Click the Skip button. Note that you have to get to this point in the Setup Assistant before the instructions will appear.
You will be taken to the user name setup window. Give yourself a username and password, then tab to the hidden Continue button.
Finally, at the following window, press Alt-Q again. You will be given an option to Quit the Setup Assistant. Press Quit.
- Voila ! You have OS X on your Eee PC. For those who aredoing this as an experience, the guide ends here. OS X is not yet fully supported on Eee PC's, therefore you may have problems when hearing audios, and your Wireless network won't work (yet).
If you wish to proceed installing directly to your hard drive, do the following:
- Download SuperDuper! (Mac App), and install it.
- Clone your pendrive onto your internal HDD.
- Remove your USB Stick and boot directly from your HDD !
- Enjoy OS X !
DID YOU LIKE THIS GUIDE ? IF SO, PLEASE DONATE !
All trademarks, graphics, images and videos used in this website are property of ModMyEee.com (unless otherwise specified), and may not be used without our consent. They are protected by national and international Copyright Laws. The information gathered on this website and in our Forums will not be sold, distributed or leased to third parties at any time. Marketing e-mails from ModMyEee can be ocasionally sent. If you wish to stop receiving those messages, simply use the "Contact" form and ask for an e-mail removal. Copyright(c) 2009 - ModMyEee.com